Privacy and Security Policy
Please read this Privacy and Security Policy ("Policy") to learn more about the ways in which we use and protect your privacy. VSP Ventures is permitting you to use the Site subject to this Privacy and Security Policy Terms and our TACs.
The Services are only intended for the United States market. If you provide us with Personal Information, you understand that your information may be stored in the United States and other countries that may not or do not provide the same level of protection as the EU. By using and accessing our Services, users who reside or are located in countries outside of the United States agree and consent to the transfer and processing of Personal Information on servers located outside of the country where they reside and acknowledge that the protection of such information may be different than required under the laws of their residence or location.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The privacy practices described in this Policy apply to our services available via the vspventures.com website ("Website"). It describes how we collect and use two types of information about you: (i) information that does not personally identify you ("NonPII"); and (ii) information that does personally identify you ("PII").
By accepting this Policy and using this Website, you expressly consent to our use and disclosure of information collected on the Website in accordance with this Policy.
We collect or obtain the following categories of Personal Information on our Website that we collect either directly, through forms or data entry fields on our Website, or through passive collection by cookies and other data collection technologies. The types of Personal Information we process in each of these contexts is further explained in the following categories:
- Contact us and registration forms: we process your name, email address, company where you work, phone number, job function, job title, country, and any comments you provide.
- Consumer opinion surveys: when you participate in a survey or we process your survey responses.
SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We obtain all of the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Website using cookies.
- From third-party service providers. For example, we obtain demographic data from a third-party service provider to use for marketing analytics.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE INFORMATION
We may use or disclose the Personal Information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information.
- To provide, support, and develop our Website and services.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, via mail, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law). Messages sent by text and/or unencrypted email may include Personal Information. Because these messages are not encrypted, there is some risk that the messages could be read by someone other than you. You are not required to provide this consent and will be entitled to withdraw your consent at any time. To stop receiving text messages, text “STOP” and for help, text “HELP”. Message and data rates may apply.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website and services, databases and other technology assets, and business and troubleshoot technical concerns.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services. To comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules and respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- To enforce our TACs; and/or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Ventures and its group companies, our users, and others.
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Information; or
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our users is among the assets transferred.
- Third Party Channel Partners. On occasion we partner with third parties to deliver complementary or supplemental services to you. In those circumstances, we will make it very clear to you that the third-party channel partner is the entity collecting your information and not Ventures, and you will have a choice whether to provide information to them. As such, any data you provide to them would be subject to their privacy and security practices and Ventures will not be responsible for the information you provide to them or their privacy and security practices.
- Sharing Information. We do not sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties for their marketing use. However, some of the above uses involve sharing Personal Information with third party service providers and with our affiliates, subsidiaries, or divisions. We share Personal Information with your consent; as required or permitted by law; for legitimate business purposes; as necessary to complete any transaction or provide you with information or services you have requested or authorized; to obtain your feedback on your customer experience; or for our proper management and administration or to fulfill our legal responsibilities.
We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard and prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online. Please note that there is risk involved in using the internet. Thus, our goal is to provide a reasonable level of security based on general industry standards. We therefore recommend that you use every precaution to protect your information when using the internet and any other links.
Our Website and Services are not directed to children under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children. It is our policy not to knowingly solicit or permit children under the age of 16 to provide their Personal Information for any purpose. In accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”) and our internal policies, if a person under age 16 submits information to us through any part of our Website, and we know that the person submitting information is under age 16, we will not use it for any purpose. We will delete the information as soon as we discover it, and we will not disclose it to third parties. If you are under the age of 16, please stop using our Website and its Services.
You may opt out of receiving materials or other communications from us by following the opt-out link or other unsubscribe instructions provided in any email received, or by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also be able to customize the communications you receive from us through preferences in your user account if you have registered for such an account. If you do business with us, you may not opt out of automated notifications based on business transactions.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have rights to access, correct, and delete the Personal Information Ventures holds about you.
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides additional detail about rights for California consumers. For a full list of rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, please see our California Supplement.
In addition, under California law, website operators are required to disclose how they respond to web browser 'do not track' signals or other similar mechanisms that provide consumers with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of Personal Information of a consumer over time and across third party web sites, to the extent the operator engages in that collection. We do not respond to any such 'do not track' signals, as no one do not track standard has gained consensus.
This law also requires web site operators to disclose whether third parties may collect Personal Information about their users' online activities over time and across different web sites when the users use the operator's web site. We do not knowingly permit third parties to collect Personal Information about an individual consumer's online activities over time and across different web sites when a consumer uses our Website.
Third parties that have content embedded on our Website (such as social networking features) may set cookies on a user's browser and/or obtain information about the fact that a web browser visited our Website from a certain IP address. These third parties cannot collect any other Personal Information from our Website unless you provide it to them directly.
EXERCISING ACCESS, CORRECTION AND DELETION RIGHTS
To exercise the access, correction and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at:
- Ventures: 888.852.1616
- Emailing us at:
- Ventures: email@example.com
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
- We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will keep Personal Information about you for as long as we provide our Services to you, or as long as we are addressing a concern, question, complaint, or request you have made to us, as applicable to our interactions with you. If we have a contract or other agreement with you, we will follow the retention obligations of that agreement.
We may keep Personal Information longer if we have a legal obligation to keep it or to maintain necessary records for legal, financial, compliance, or other reporting obligations, and to enforce our rights and agreements. We also may keep Personal Information about you for statistical analysis or research purposes.